Artisan ice cream and sorbet… It’s our passion!
Quality ice cream deserves great Ingredients
We are friends with brilliant local producers
Only the very best real, honest, and where we can local, ingredients deserve a place in our dairy ice cream and refreshing sorbets. We work closely with lots of local micro producers to purchase the very best handpicked seasonal produce whilst reducing our food miles and giving our products character to stand out from the crowd!
Take the delicious Strawberries supplied to us by Cammas Hall Fruit Farm, when they are at their sweetest and juiciest they are hand-picked ready to be processed ready for our Summer Strawberries & Cream dairy ice cream. Each of the plump gourmet Madagascan Vanilla Pods we use are split by hand and left to infuse overnight before being churched into ice cream the very next day.
Our quality dairy ice cream is made from a traditional base of seven ingredients: Cream, Milk, Sugar, Dextrose, Egg Yolks, Milk Powder, Lemon Juice, and then individual flavours are added. Our ice creams are gluten free, suitable for vegetarians and not whipped full of excess air.
We proudly hand make our products using ingredients that you know and often use from your kitchen cupboards at home. We do not use the ingredients with space age names and extraterrestrial capabilities most of us struggle to pronounce.
We pride ourselves on taking ice cream back to its heritage by using real ingredients to produce honestly and properly with unrivalled results.
We handcraft artisan ice cream and sorbet.
Super suppliers in and around Saffron Walden
Proudly supporting other micro producers
Local, a small word but one that means a lot to us as we support those in the local area who support us. East Anglia is a wealth of fantastic producers with the best quality produce.
- Fresh Milk and thick Cream is delivered early in the morning by Steve Davies Dairy of Stocking Pelham
- The sweetest and juiciest hand-picked Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries and Blackcurrants are grown at Cammas Hall Fruit Farm of Hatfield Broad Oak
- Outstanding heritage Egremont Russet apple juice pressed by home grown apples at Cam Valley Orchard of Royston
- Honey from busy local Henham bees on Parsonage Farm – our original home! Supplied by M Shead of Little Easton
- The best Essex sea salt flakes supplied by Maldon Salt of Maldon for our secret recipe Salted Caramel
- Heavenly espresso coffee beans which are hand roasted by The White House Coffee Company in Manuden
But its not just our ingredients which we source locally! We are so committed to the local area that we use the business products and services of local companies too:
- Photography and design by Fraser Parry Photography of Saffron Walden
- Business insurance by Saffron Insurance of Saffron Walden
- Design and signage by The Sign & Graphics Company of Wimbish
- Packaging labels by BSP Labels in Royston
- Website design and maintenance by Tela in Saffron Walden
- Financial advice by The Tax Father in Saffron Walden